Manager, Foodservice Sales Job Opening
Manager, Foodservice Sales
Hawaiian Housewares LTD• Pearl City, Hawaii
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Position OverviewUnder the general supervision of the Director, Food-service Sales, this role is responsible for leading the Food-service Sales team to meet and or exceed monthly and annual sales goals, margin and objectives. Establishes monthly and annual sales goals and objectives for the sales team in coordination with the Company’s strategic plan. Develops sales strategies and objectives to gain market share. In coordination with Procurement, plans, develops and implements Company’s marketing plan to new and existing customers. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Monitors sales team and activities to ensure cohesive sales force committed to meeting and or exceeding Company’s sales goals and objectives. Meets and exceeds Company’s margin, sales and shrink goals.
- Establishes and maintains communication and customer relations with new and existing customers.
- Responsible for developing, planning, executing, reviewing, updating and refining the Company’s overall Foodservice sales, margins and objectives monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Monitors and reviews performance, margins, customers and sales staff on a regular basis. Develops and implements corrective action as needed.
- Creates new sales strategies in conjunction with the Company’s marketing program and coordinates with Procurement and Retail Sales teams on marketing plans, products, customer requirements, etc.
- Develops, implements and reviews sales training program for the sales team to include new hires. Monitors, evaluates and corrects performance.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Has accountability for the performance and results of multiple related units. Develops departmental plans , including business, production, operational and/or organizational priorities. Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility. Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years successful sales experience managing outside and inside teams.
- Knowledge of Hawaii Foodservice Industry market.
- Strong negotiating, written, and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to (looks like it cuts off here for some reason…)