Sales Territory Manager Job Opening
Sales Territory Manager
BBB Industries LLC• Daphne, Alabama
Main responsibility is to call on all O’Reilly stores within region. Make prospective account sales call with O’Reilly RM and TSM in each territory. Goals are to make 10 sales calls with OReilly TSM a day, add new accounts, and add inventory to O’Reilly stores. Relationships need to be developed with O’Reilly store personal, DM, and TSMs. Product training and awareness of BBB product are key elements in dealing with all aspects of O’Reilly. *Midwest to Eastern Region*
Goals will include:
- Achieve sales plan/budget.
- Plan out schedule 6 weeks in advance.
- Schedule time with each DC/Store within region. Focus on underperforming DC’s/Stores.
- Promote BBB product at O’Reilly with marketing materials provided consistently
- Develop and implement local marketing programs with O’Reilly approval.
- Meet or exceed activity goals including:
- Scheduling sales blitzes with TSMs.
- Scheduling and executing end user clinics.
- Scheduling and executing Store clinics / countermen training.
- Scheduling and executing sales team meetings with TSMs.
- Develop key prospect list by store.
- Identify key sku’s to be stocked by store by product group.
- Complete O’Reilly call report monthly with daily inputs.
- Quick follow through is essential.
- Develop information on competitive accounts. Conduct an analysis of direct and indirect competitive accounts within region to include; location, competitive line, sales volume, inventory, go to market strategy, cost to convert, channel conflicts.
- Collect and submit all competitive supplier information including, but not limited to; product offerings, pricing, terms of sale, promotions, availability, and service levels.
- Maintain accurate forecast for Region.
- Develop relationships will key customers.
- Work with local stores to maintain proper inventory levels and product mix.
- Implementation of store pull through marketing programs.
- Conduct Installer, Store, and DC Sales/Training Meetings and participate in booth shows.
- Attend O’Reilly Managers conference.
- Assist in planning and executing competitive changeovers.
- Maintain effective communication:
- Maintain an active communication link with all peers. Talk with the team and your leader weekly.
- Respond to all requests in a timely manner/or by due date given.
- Maintain timely response to Voicemail/email within 24 hrs.
- Communicate competitive activity.
- Communicate the wins and losses.
- Your word means everything.
- Identify customer needs and organize action plan to improve customer satisfaction while effectively implementing company policies and procedures including:
- Warranties and cores.
- Maintain cost effective management of all sales expenses and company property.
- Travel and entertainment expense.
- Proper use of company car and property.
Must maintain the highest level of professionalism including:
- Up to date understanding of all products, programs, features and benefits.
- Proper administration of all company policies and procedures.
- Effective use of sales techniques and customer management skills.
- Maintain a positive approach with the customer including a professional appearance.
- Building teamwork and fostering successful relationships with coworkers and management.
- Earn credibility within the industry and demonstrate solid knowledge of competitive strategies and consumer trends.
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything we do.
- Dress in professional manner when visiting customers, remember your representing the company.
- Has integrity and follows through consistently.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written including the ability to conduct and develop presentations in a large group surrounding.
- Self-starter with strong personal drive to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong sense of urgency, able to operate with little direction.
- Strong PC skills.
- Strong organizational skills including time management and establishing a home office.
Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Adjust as necessary: Sitting 70%, standing/walking 30%. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
On -The -Job Training Required:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5 - 10 years of experience
- Prior experience in automotive aftermarket preferred