Navy Cyber Security Specialist Entry Level Job Opening
Navy Cyber Security Specialist Entry Level
NTT DATA Services• Newport, Rhode Island
Req ID: 35401
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Navy Cyber Security Specialist Entry Level to join our team in Newport, Rhode Island (US-RI), United States (US).
Work conducted is in support of Submarine Combat Systems and Non-Propulsion Electronic Systems as well as Undersea Ranges and Facilities.
This position may require:
- Frequent interaction with customers and first-line management.
- Assist in coding, testing, and debugging new software/applications or making enhancements to existing software/applications.
- Writing programs according to specifications from higher level staff.
- Managing incident ticket resolution for applications and creating documentation required for work product.
Roles and responsibilities may include:
- Integrate information systems security for short and long term test events that require positive accreditation decision.
- Perform system design reviews and provide recommendations for compliance with DoD, and Navy CS standards and requirements.
- Review and provide technical comments and findings against system testing requirements and conduct cybersecurity System Level Tests.
- Provide technical inputs for cybersecurity related documentation including Cybersecurity Strategy, Clinger-Cohen Act, Anti-Tamper Policy, and Program Protection Plan.
- Provide technical inputs for investigations and analyses of cyber security, program protection, anti-tamper, anti-jam considerations for presently fielded and new developments and/or modifications.
- Report system vulnerability compliance and provide technical recommendations on mitigation statements.
Additionally, the Cyber Security Specialist will perform duties to include network and workstation updates, including SQL database maintenance and updates. The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a team and will assist the supervisor and the customer with tasks as assigned, and is expected to show initiative.
Must have a SECRET Security clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Associates, Bachelor's Degree a plus
Typically requires 1-2 years relevant experience
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Fluent in MS Office Products (3 years experience)
- Basic knowledge of programming languages like Python, C++, Java, etc.
- Operating Systems Certification (Windows or Linux) is a plus
- Familiar with DoDI 8500.01 Cybersecurity
- Excellent customer service skills
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.