Inside Sales Associate Job Opening
Inside Sales Associate
Avantor• Batavia, Illinois
Job SummaryAssigned to support a large territory with a lead sales rep and to manage a smaller/remote territory on own.
Call on customer end users to introduce and sell new products, maintain and improve service levels, ascertain ongoing service level satisfaction, reinforce marketing initiatives, etc. Work with customer and Lead Sales Representative, if applicable, and sales support as needed to develop business plan for account research customer return and complaints, and work to resolve. Analyze business with reporting tools, develop business and actions plans, and execute and reevaluate accordingly. Act as primary contact for the customer if no Lead Sales Rep is available. Develop and maintain relationships with key manufacturers. Assist with product shows, promotions and product presentations. Identify potential product conversions that meet the customer’s goals. Work with Lead Sales Representative if applicable to implement and audit reporting tools to monitor the financial profitability of the customer engagement.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Manage a sales territory on a focused account base. Work as part of a sales team dedicated to this account.
- Prospect and establish new customers within this account by managing a sales pipeline and developing and delivering proposals to customers by illustrating VWR’s value proposition.
- Sell consultatively, detailing products, determine customer needs and requirements, and make recommendations to both prospects and customers of the various solutions VWR can offer their business.
- Work to develop strategic account business plans for achievement of sales growth and quota attainment.
- Build and sustain relationships with customers and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Manage VWR’s vast product portfolio and execute and implement sales and marketing strategies that you design.
- Confident in providing and generating Quotations and handling customer returns or complaints.
- Confident in pulling sales reports in order to have detailed conversations of sales activities, account performance and performance to forecast.
- Work directly with local manufacturer representatives to develop and continually improve product knowledge, arrive at most favored pricing, and improve account profitability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- College Degree or equivalent experience required
- Some Sales Experience Preferred
- Business to Business or Distribution Sales Experience Preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills, routinely interacting with customers, manufacturers, and VWR staff
- Ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers
- Ability to handle difficult situations and interactions
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage time and territory
- Willingness to travel to customer locations
- Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Office)
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
Typically works in an office with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.