Interconnect Product Manager Job Opening
Interconnect Product Manager
SEA Wire and Cable• Madison, Alabama
SEA Wire and Cable is a growing, dynamic organization offering diverse challenges to innovative professionals. We seek qualified individuals who possess the drive and vision required to be part of a success-oriented team.
SEA is a leading logistical supplier to the Military and Commercial Aerospace market. Founded in 1970 as a manufacturer's rep, SEA began to expand its focus into the stock and distribution of military wire and cable in the 1980s. Since then, the company has continued to horizontally grow their product offering and improve their systems to provide customers with the high level of service they have come to expect from SEA for 45+ years.
SEA continues to operate as a family environment with a dedication to quality work.
Responsible for growing, servicing, satisfying and maintaining customer relationships in order to retain and expand sales and market share. Responsible for driving gross profit dollar/percent achievement and line tiering sales. Must establish long-term business relationships with both customers and suppliers. Manage resources in our facility to act as SEA connector specialist.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The Interconnect product expert
- Responsible for quoting all interconnect products for SEA sales team
- Travel when necessary to support major accounts
- Product manager would determine needed inventory levels working directly with purchasing
- Grow our current business
- Drive and coordinate cost structure strategies and decisions with other functions as appropriate, including design, sourcing, manufacturing location, etc.
- Develop, manage and lead new product introduction programs
- Support training efforts to leverage sales team
- A bona fide professional possessing the extensive and highly advanced knowledge of all SEA products, to include an acute expertise in all relevant aerospace, military specification and other related industry specifications and products. The unique responsibility to fully comply with all federal laws and regulations as they relate to the aerospace and military product industry
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in industry, preferred
- Experience in sales is preferred
- Possess great people skills with excellent communications in both verbal and written
- Be a team player, with a willingness to be part of a dynamic and growing organization
- Learning aptitude is key, along with problem-solving and the ability to multi-task well
- Be self-driven & highly methodical in organizing & prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment
- Has a "Will to Win" with a sense of ownership to complete tasks "on time & in full"
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office (especially excel) expertise and software/hardware/social media prowess
Are we right for each other? Can you check off most of these?
Enjoys being part of a team that has goals!
Can work in a team, or independently.
Desire to reach high potential. Ability to train, learn, and grow.
Prides self on doing it right the first time.
Believes it is "all in the details."
Realizes that saving for retirement is necessary and working for a company with a good matching 401(k) is important.
Enjoys the ability to manage time through an all inclusive Paid Time Off (PTO) program, with the ability to carry over a balance from one calendar year to the next and accrue time per pay period.
Likes knowing you can financially take care of your family through company-paid life insurance and short-term disability with the option of purchasing additional life insurance and long-term disability.
Enjoys a high-performance family atmosphere.
Drives toward continual improvement of self and peers. "Today can be my best day."
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of SEA Wire and Cable, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO), in accordance with all applicable laws, to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.