Communications Specialist Job Opening
Arapahoe Community College• Littleton, Colorado
At ACC, every employee is focused and responsible for student success. We promote a culture of inclusivity and innovation through individualized support, passionate employees and a welcoming environment. Hands on experiences and personalized attention make learning come alive at ACC enabling our diverse community of students and staff to develop the knowledge and skills they need to reach their academic and career goals. Since 1965, ACC has supported a culture of achievement and has been the place of choice for people who want to Move Mountains.
The Office of Admissions at Arapahoe Community College has an opening for a Communications Specialist. The Communications Specialist plays a major role in the functional implementation and analysis of Ellucian Recruit CRM. This position is responsible for developing, testing, and integrating the CRM’s procedures to support prospective student communication and supporting the operational functions of the Admissions Office. Provides training and technical assistance on Recruit CRM to Admissions Office staff. Additionally, this position develops the analytical tools needed to monitor and generate monthly and ad hoc reports. Conducts regular audits to ensure integrity of data. This position is also responsible for shared coordination of on-campus recruitment programs including open houses, Discover ACC, high school counselor appreciation events, new student orientation, campus tours, and one-on-one information sessions. Shares supervision of work-study and student hourly employees.
- Bachelor Degree and one year of relevant experience with a CRM
- Previous experience in admissions/operations in higher education.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation with a student-centered mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically business writing skills.
- Commitment to creating an inclusive learning & work environment and demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working in a community college setting.
- Demonstrated advanced skills with Microsoft Office or databases.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Experience working in a post-secondary admissions/operations setting.
- Experience with Banner, Recruit CRM, and COGNOS.
Physical & Cognitive Demands:
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports typical office supplies weighing up to 10 lbs. around campus.
- This is largely a sedentary role. This position operates in an office environment and constantly uses a computer, and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- The person in this position constantly communicates with internal and external constituents and students. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
Advertised Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $41,000 to $44,000, commensurate with education and experience. This is a full-time, FLSA exempt position.
Closing Date: Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 4:00 PM.
To Apply: All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, unofficial transcripts, and names and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Your application materials should clearly demonstrate how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications, as well as your experience performing responsibilities listed within Job Summary. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Scroll to the bottom of this page to submit your application.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at [email protected]
Notice to all Applicants:
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis at time of application.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- ACC participates in the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, PERA-eligible employees are required to contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke free campus.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or [email protected]
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. We oppose discrimination and strive to foster an equitable and inclusive learning environment for our students that reflects the diverse nature of our world through professional development, responsive programming, reflection, and action.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please visit ACC Campus Police Department, Room AM2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.