Sales Development Program - Denver Job Opening
Sales Development Program - Denver
Sherwin-Williams• Littleton, Colorado
Who We Are:
Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
Sherwin Williams is seeking bright and energetic college seniors and graduates to join our Sales Development Program. As a development participant, you will learn what makes Sherwin Williams the largest paint and coatings company in the world.
The Sales Development Program is a 12 week program that supports our Consumer Brands Group. As a participant, you will gain extensive experience growing top line sales at assigned Lowe’s retail stores within a geographic territory. You will also learn how to sell Sherwin Williams products and provide solutions to Lowe’s associates, professional contractors and customers.
Selected candidates will be supporting the West Division and may be placed in any of the following locations based on business needs at the end of their program completion:
- New Mexico
This highly selective opportunity is the ideal fast track for candidates with long-term goals of pursuing a Sales Management career for a Fortune 500 company. The accelerated development program provides immense opportunity to learn about Sherwin Williams, the Consumer Brands Group and our multiple categories and channels of business.
After completing the Sales Development Program, your knowledge, skills and experience will lead successful individuals to follow multiple opportunities along the Consumer Brands Group career path or with other Sherwin Williams divisions, such as the Americas Group or Global Supply Chain. Additionally, successful participants who have completed the 12 week program will be placed in full-time Sales Representative roles, as available, that may include a quarterly bonus plan, relocation benefits and company vehicle.
What You'll Do:
- Follow a structured learning plan that includes product training and sales excellence through a combination of on the job experiences, e-learning and instructor lead training. Over the course of the program, participants will receive hands on experiences, coaching and leadership development.
- Gain extensive product knowledge and promotional display training around nationally recognized brands, such as Valspar, HGTV by Sherwin-Williams, Cabot, Minwax, Purdy, Thompson's Water Seal, White Lightning, etc.
- Develop strong selling skills, overall business acumen, enhance sales presence and engage with others in the Sales Development Program to being building professional network.
- Learn how to establish strong selling relationships with store associates and store management and how to successfully promote and represent the brand and product strengths.
- Get familiar with the CRM tool to document in-store activity and sales calls. Learn how to conduct in-store events to promote products and drive sales, while ensuring promotions, pricing and signage is set appropriately in each store.
- Understand how to respond and resolve product, service and inventory issues at the store level.
- In support of driving top line sales at assigned Lowe’s stores, provide support to regional team of 8-12 Sales Representatives in the following areas:
- Training Lowe’s associates
- Business Management
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required at time of hire
- Minimum overall 2.8 cumulative GPA
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be geographically flexible to relocate within assigned region upon placement
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Previous experience in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service or other Business related field
- At least one relevant sales internship or co-op experiences
- Leadership in extra-curricular activities/organizations
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong communication, relationship building and organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.