Key Account Manager - Life Science Job Opening
Key Account Manager - Life Science
IMI Precision Engineering• Littleton, Colorado
Category: Key Account Manager
We are a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers' equipment.
Part of IMI plc, we have a sales and service network in 50 countries, as well as manufacturing capability in the USA, Germany, China, UK, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Mexico, Brazil and India. We support this with our global centers of technical excellence, and facilities for CFD design and R&D testing. We employ a dedicated team of field engineers, sector specialists and key account managers – all committed to providing excellent service to our customers.
Reports To: Sales Director
Location: Field - TBD
The Key Account Manager is responsible and accountable for all sales activities and the achievement of related sales budget, goals and objectives within a defined market segment and/or account base. This is a senior level field based sales position focused on selling to large end users or original equipment manufacturers on a direct basis within specified strategic application segments. Travel requirements – restricted to continental United States and defined territory. Average expected to be 50% of total work hours.
Who We Are:
IMI Precision Engineering is a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers’ equipment.
Part of IMI plc, we have a sales and service network in 75 countries, as well as manufacturing capability in the USA, Germany, China, UK, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Mexico and Brazil. We support this with our global centers of technical excellence, and facilities for CFD design and R&D testing.
- Implement those defined strategies and tactics to achieve budgeted order input and revenue shipment levels.
- Develop and maintain proficiency in the sales and industry focused application segment assigned.
- Acquire, develop and manage revenue growth for defined sales prospects and existing assigned account base.
- Provide training and applications assistance to assigned customer base.
- Prepare, recommend and negotiate pricing, terms and conditions for quotations (RFQ’s), blanket agreements and contracts for management approval.
- Establish and build personal relationships within assigned customer base.
- Gain bill of material specification and/or preferred supplier status for our products within assigned customer base.
- Demonstrate effective use of strategic selling techniques to increase account penetration and market share.
- Maintain accurate and complete territory and account data with respect to the company close loop lead referral, opportunity database and forecasting systems.
- Provide timely and complete reports and other information as required by management.
- Act in a positive and proactive manner, at all times, while presenting the Corporation, Division, its products and services, and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited college or university required with Engineering concentration preferred. Five to seven years of related industry experience or ten years of relevant direct business-to-business strategic level sales experience.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook required
The IMI Code of Conduct
All employees are expected to represent the values and maintain the standards contained in The IMI Code of Conduct. The IMI Code of Conduct can be found at http://www.imi-precision.com/responsible-business
IMI Precision Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled.