Merchandiser Job Opening
Gulf Distributing Company of Mobile(GDC)• Gulf Shores, Alabama
The Merchandiser is responsible for ensuring that all product merchandising within each assigned account meets the standards of Gulf Distributing Holdings.
Description of Physical Tasks:
Keep shelves and vendors clean. Place product on hand truck or dolly (approximately 20 to 50 lbs per case). Pushes/pulls hand truck to machine or shelves and loads appropriate product. Climbing in and out of vehicle and proper lifting techniques.
- Have a working knowledge of all assigned sales routes as a Salesperson in training and, if necessary, fill in during Salesperson sick and vacation times.
- Conduct a complete merchandising call on all assigned accounts on the proper day and in the established sequence.
- Merchandise all products in accordance with the standards of GDH at each assigned account.
- Build, merchandise and sign displays as directed by the manager.
- Fill and merchandise the complete product line including all coolers, shelves and displays. This includes front facing packages.
- Ensure all paper and permanent Point of Sale is used in the proper manner and quantity.
- When necessary call back on accounts to assist or complete the merchandising of delivered product.
- Complete all the special attention items to the Salesperson(s) or General Manager have identified in the account.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the owners, managers and employees of the accounts you merchandise.
- Be aware of all opportunities to increase sales in your assigned accounts
- Check and note pricing on all competitive products in each account; report variances to the General Manager.
- Work with your assigned account to improve your shelf position within their cooler and the placement of floor displays.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the business success of each account.
- Attend all safety and driver’s meetings, as well as sales meetings while covering a sales route.
- Maintain open and clear communications with the owners, managers, and other employees of GDH.
- Maintain open and clear communications with the owners, managers, and other employees of your accounts.
- Report to your Manager all new competitive activity in your assigned accounts.
- Should you be unable to make a scheduled merchandising stop you must communicate the reason to the Manager immediately.
- Ensure proper stock rotation is in effect in all your assigned accounts.
- After the completion of your scheduled merchandising duties, check with the Manager for other assignments.
- Always be aware of code dates and have product that is out-of-date swapped.
- Ensure that all packages are sellable and have damaged product swapped or re-packed.
- Keep your vehicle clean and orderly.
- Ensure your vehicle is serviced at regular intervals and repaired when necessary to minimize breakdowns.
- Dress and maintain your personal appearance in a professional manner and according to company policy.
- Properly operate, protect from damage, and return all equipment that has been issued to you (i.e. radios, hand trucks, vehicles, etc.).
- Conduct all your activities within the guidelines of all company policies and procedures.
- Report immediately to your Manager of any traffic violations, on or off duty that may affect your insurability.
- Conduct all of your activities in accordance to the local, state and federal liquor control regulations.
- Report all accidents and injuries immediately to the Manager.
- Perform all work activities in accordance to the safe work practices, policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Gulf Distributing Holdings, LLC is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.