Merchandiser SAS Job Opening
SAS Retail Services• Albertville, Alabama
Are you looking to join a team for a fast-growing company that can offer you flexible scheduling, competitive rates, and the possibility for advancement as you move throughout your career? If so, SAS Retail Services has a great opportunity for you!
As an SAS team member, you will partner with retailers to enhance the consumer’s shopping experience. You will be responsible for maintaining a strong communication flow between all parties as well as supporting the team by providing the necessary tools to execute our services in the most efficient manner while delivering high-quality results.
At SAS Retail Services, we hire talented associates like you and give you the tools and training you need to succeed and advance in your career. As a large growing company with a national and global reach, our company offers you many opportunities to learn new skills and seek higher positions. APPLY TODAY!
What We Offer
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Safely and efficiently stock new or changing products by following the Retailer store schematic
- Clean, straighten or assemble shelves/racks and display cases following measurement guidelines
- Check code dates, rotate products that may be old or slow moving and remove unsaleable items
- Re-tag shelves in the store
- Previous merchandising and/or retail experience preferred
- Planogram experience preferred
- High School diploma preferred
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Retail Merchandiser (RM) is responsible for merchandising Client products at retail accounts within an assigned territory to ensure Client standards are met and volume is increased.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet Client and Company objectives by maintaining full distribution on existing SKUs.
Sales and Merchandising
- Maintain client objectives by ensuring secondary placements of product(s) are fully stocked, correctly signed, properly faced, and set to schematics.
- Achieve business objectives through placement of new items at all assigned stores.
Reset Activity and Schematics Completion
- Maintain schematic standards by ensuring all authorized items are in distribution and set to shelf standards. Must be able to maintain schematic integrity through consistent communication with District Manager and other retail personnel.
Shelf Standards and Conditions
- Will work on the authorization of items to meet Client shelf schematic standards. Must be able to take direction regarding tagging, rotating, and placing POS materials for products on shelf.
- Complete accurate and timely paperwork and reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Retail
- 1-3 years of experience in Retail
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Must be able to take direction regarding tagging, rotating, and placing products on shelf.
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally to management and externally with Customers.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Reps Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).