Nabisco Senior Sales Service Merchandiser-Cullman,AL Job Opening
Nabisco Senior Sales Service Merchandiser-Cullman,AL
Mondelez International• Cullman, Alabama
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
As a part of Sales, you'll put our customers at the heart of our business. By building strong relationships with every customer, big or small, you'll help Mondelēz International become the supplier of choice and ensure we deliver world-class execution of our business plans in every store.
The role of the Mondelēz International Senior Sales Service Representative (Sr. SSR) is a full-time, entry-level Sales position that is designed to build a world class Direct Store Delivery (DSD) business at the retail level. This position will maximize sales, conduct effective planning & order-writing, as well as supporting and completing activities such as merchandising & shelf-pricing. The Sr. SSR acts as a sales expert to retail stores on a variety of territories covering the absence of a Sales Representative who may be on vacation or a leave of absence.
A major objective of this role is to establish and maintain rapport with key store individuals while providing outstanding customer service. This role will be responsible for maintaining a timely and accurate call schedule. This role will also be responsible for identifying and communicating individual store opportunities to the appropriate Mondelēz International personnel.
Mondelēz International is an employer of inclusion who partners with diversity groups that cater to people of all races, colors, religions, national origins, ethnicities, ages, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions. Our company also works with military veterans to help hire our heroes who have served our nation, as well as partnering with disability networks to include people of all abilities to help the company succeed for years to come.
Benefits and Compensation:
This position offers a comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefit package, in addition to paid vacation, holidays, 401(k) match and Employee Assistance Program benefits. Along with a competitive compensation package and mileage reimbursement, the Senior Sales Service Representative is also eligible to participate in an incentive program.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Effective communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Self-starter: Ability to work independently
- Selling and Inventory Management: Fully using sales, order management systems and technologies to ensure exceptional customer service
- Promotions/Merchandising: Identifying opportunities to use promotional and merchandising techniques to develop and support customer relations
- Utilization of innovation and creativity in generating new and unique ideas and solutions that capitalize on opportunities to benefit customers and Mondelēz International
- Ability to form customer partnerships that exceed expectations and help customers identify and execute the appropriate strategies for their business success
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, Internet and Cellular/Wireless devices)
- Ability to perform hard work in a fast-paced work environment and to meet the defined physical activities, which include:
- Repetitive lifting (from floor to waist, chest high and above), bending, and carrying up to 25 lbs., occasionally over 50 lbs., pushing & pulling over 100 lbs., etc., occasional ladder use, while adhering to established safety expectations and processes
- Ability to stand and stock shelves, using repetitive hand/arm motions throughout the entire shift
- Unpacking Nabisco product consisting of 100 cases or more
- Experience utilizing hand pallet jack and pushing/pulling U-Boat carts is preferred
- Previous retail / grocery experience is a plus, as well as work that has included physical activities (lifting, bending, reaching, carrying, pushing and pulling)
- Ability to drive your personal vehicle to a variety of store locations (mileage will be reimbursed).
- A flexible work schedule is required, including being available to travel across the region, a week at a time, to cover a territory and being available to work weekends and holidays; some overnight travel may be required
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- You must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance.
- Successful completion of drug test, MVR check, and general background check.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.