Administrative Assistant - Nampa Civic Center Job Opening
Administrative Assistant - Nampa Civic Center
Comcast-Spectacor• Nampa, Idaho
$10.60 - $15.00 an hour
Category: Inside Sales Representative
This position is based at our Nampa Civic Center. In the early 1970's, a committee of citizens identified the need for an event center for the Nampa community. Built from the time and money provided by numerous sponsors and volunteers of all ages it was built as a foundation for the Performing Arts. The Center captures the spirt and legacy of the community, serving all generations. On August 27, 2007, we began construction on a new expansion and the Nampa Civic Center added an additional 5,500 sq ft. Over 100,000 people attend more than 1,000 events each year in our theater and conference rooms. We invite you to come and experience sheer delight at OUR Center. You can learn more about our venue here: https://nampaciviccenter.com/
The Administrative Assistant is a full time hourly, non-exempt, employee who represents the Nampa Civic Center as initial contact for prospective clients and the general public both on the phone and in person. The Administrative Assistant will also assist guests with event information and or route necessary calls to appropriate personnel.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Answer incoming calls to the Nampa Civic Center
- Assist with guest or clients with general questions
- Create Event Summary packet for Director
- Daily process incoming mail; sort, open and distribute to various departments
- Box office duties, selling tickets
- Promptly and accurately log all incoming checks
- File pay checks/distribute on payday
- Manage lost and found
- Assist walk in customers with ticket sales
- Create event folders & perform necessary filing of folders following events
- Collect, distribute and log employment applications
- Maintain master data sheet binder
- Perform filing or other office related work including but not limited to new-hire paperwork and payroll
- Assist finance with AR and AP, deposits, collect and track vendor forms, monthly bank reconciliation
- Office supply ordering.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients
- Occasionally act as Event Coordinator for events as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as events require
- Ability to multi task while maintaining strong attention to details
- Exceptional customer service skills—outgoing and friendly personality required
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Turbo CAD & E-Time preferred
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/inform staff and foster collaboration, greeting and directing clients verbally and with visual cues towards building locations. Employee must be able to recognize and resolve conflicts, and be able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will also occasionally move about inside facility before/during/after events in the course of directing clients to building locations. Employee must constantly communicate via radio, telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily in doors in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.