Retail Merchandiser Day Shift Job Opening
Retail Merchandiser Day Shift
SAS Retail Services• Florence, Kentucky
Part Time Retail Reset Merchandiser Day Shift
At the Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! Our Part Time Retail Reset Merchandiser job needs an independent individual with great attention to detail and knowledge of basic merchandising tasks (resets, tagging, building displays, cleaning, facing, rotating stock, etc.). The ideal candidate is able to build and maintain attractive displays to create brand awareness and increase sales.
Things to consider:
- Shifts are generally 07:00 AM – 03:30 PM Monday - Thursday with no weekends. Average weekly hours can range from 24 – 32.
- Pay rates are competitive starting at $11.00/hr.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider to manufactures and retailers, where you will help build your career working with amazing people and earing competitive pay rates! Apply today!
- Part Time Benefits (Dental and Vision)
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Training and ongoing career development
What You’ll Do:
- Reset Activity, Shelf Conditions and Schematics Completion.
- Implement customer approved schematics/Plan-O-Grams/MODs with all items tagged and approved by store management.
- Must be able to take direction regarding tagging, rotating and placing products on shelf.
- Administration/Reporting: Will complete (web based) accurate and timely reporting, recaps, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous retail and/or merchandising experience (preferred).
- Strong self-management skills; complete daily procedures and responsibilities without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally to the Company management and externally with Customers
- Must demonstrate good judgment and show respect for others
- Daily access to a PC computer or smartphone with internet/email access
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Retail Merchandiser (RM) is responsible for merchandising Client products at retail accounts within an assigned territory to ensure Client standards are met and volume is increased.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet Client and Company objectives by maintaining full distribution on existing SKUs.
Sales and Merchandising
- Maintain client objectives by ensuring secondary placements of product(s) are fully stocked, correctly signed, properly faced, and set to schematics.
- Achieve business objectives through placement of new items at all assigned stores.
Reset Activity and Schematics Completion
- Maintain schematic standards by ensuring all authorized items are in distribution and set to shelf standards. Must be able to maintain schematic integrity through consistent communication with District Manager and other retail personnel.
Shelf Standards and Conditions
- Will work on the authorization of items to meet Client shelf schematic standards. Must be able to take direction regarding tagging, rotating, and placing POS materials for products on shelf.
- Complete accurate and timely paperwork and reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Retail
- 1-3 years of experience in Retail
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Must be able to take direction regarding tagging, rotating, and placing products on shelf.
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally to company management and externally with Customers.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Reps Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).